Monday, August 15, 2011

Gerasene Demoniac, 8/15/2011

I was listening again to the story of Jesus' encounter with the Gerasene Demoniac. I have always thought it so sad that Jesus sent him home to tell everyone what happened to him. It was good to do that, of course, but the poor guy wanted to follow Jesus, and Jesus would not let him. Apparently he amazed all the people who had known him, though.

I am like that poor demoniac. I was so crazy when I was younger; not the kind of person you would want to bring home to mother. Now, Jesus has cleaned me up and told me to go out into the world and testify where I live...out in the world. I have always wanted to be a "church lady", to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life...but that is not my fate. I have tried church ministry, little things like teaching Sunday school. I always fail; church ministry doesn't feel right; it's not for me.

No, I am in exile out here doing what Jesus wants me to do. Will someone please tell me how to move those seeds that landed on the road, on rocky soil, and amidst the thorns over to the good soil, because that seems to be my call in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment